Date(s) - 10/25/2014
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Maple Street Dance Space
Come learn how to conquer hairstyles from the 1920s-1950s with the ladies of Sweet Jubilee! Long hair, short hair, it can all be done! We’ll teach you tips and tricks to make your locks look like you stepped out of the past.
Have you always admired the beautiful finger waves flappers were able to pull off? Or have you longed to get your hair to bounce and fall the way Ginger Rogers does every time you see her dance on screen? Maybe it’s all about the victory rolls for you; but yours always fall flat? We’ll teach you how to achieve each of these styles and more. We’re dancers that specialize in authentic vintage hair and makeup every time we perform. We know how to get our hair to look truly vintage and how to keep it going through a night of dancing! We also know shortcuts and tricks to help you style your hair, even when things don’t go as planned.
What to expect:
- All in the Prep: How to curl/set hair
- 1920s/1930s Styles
- 1940s/1950s Styles
- Making it last: How to keep hair in place and make it last!
You will receive:
- A reference guide/handout
- Hair flower
- Dirty hair! Do not wash your hair the day of the workshop! Really?! Yes! The natural oils in your hair help your hair from getting too frizzy and actually help keep the style lasting longer. Believe it or not…
- Comb, Brush (flat or round)
- Hair spray (small can will do, or share one with a friend)
- Curling irons, if you have them (Any from 1/2″ – 1.5″)
- $15 to help us cover costs
- OPTIONAL – Curled hair. Curl your hair if you are comfortable doing so. We’re talking your full head. We’ll walk you through some how-to’s at the workshop, but if you can get a jump start on it you’ll have more success in the styling portion of the workshop. If you just don’t know where to start, we’ll show you!
RSVP on our facebook event!
**We will be in the back studio at Maple Street Dance Space. Please try to enter from the back alley if you know where the door is.**