This week’s Throwback Thursday is the first out of a batch of photos featuring two or more women. These ladies are identified on the back of the photo as Claire Lichtman and Sophie. Gauging by their clothes this snapshot was taken sometime in the 1950s. They look like some sharp dressers and close friends. Let’s take a second to notice the bold wallpaper in the background… probably not something you’d see today. It could even match the dress on the left!
Every Throwback Thursday we share a vintage photograph of a woman (or group of women) and try to figure out her back story. See you all next week!
CHECK OUT PAST WEEK’S LOVELY VINTAGE LADIES:
- 2014.11 – Dec. 25, 1948 – A Warm Holiday
- 2014.10 – 1940s Wishing You the Best of Luck
- 2014.9 – 1950s Bathing Beauty Pin-up Style
- 2014.8 – 1940s Woman on a Stoop
- 2014.7 – Vintage Spring Dancer
- 2014.6 – 1945 Vintage Bride
- 2014.5 – 1940s Portrait of Ila
- 2014.4 – 1930s Couple Dressed for a Night Out
- 2014.3 – 1940s Woman with her Loyal Dog
- 2014.2 – 1930s Woman in Santa Fe, NM
- 2014.1 – 1940s Hand-colored Beauty