1940s Woman on a Stoop
This Throwback Thursday brings us another nameless, location-less vintage beauty. While we can date this photo to the 1940s by her clothing, hair, and shoes, we just don’t know anything more. I personally love the way she is framed by the shadow. And I have to laugh because only at third glance did I finally see the child that is seated next to her that was cropped out of the frame. Wonder what the story is here. Any ideas?
Every Throwback Thursday we share a vintage photo of a woman and try to figure out her back story. Join us again next week!
CHECK OUT PAST WEEK’S LOVELY VINTAGE LADIES:
- 2014.7 – Vintage Spring Dancer
- 2014.6 – 1945 Vintage Bride
- 2014.5 – 1940s Portrait of Ila
- 2014.4 – 1930s Couple Dressed for a Night Out
- 2014.3 – 1940s Woman with her Loyal Dog
- 2014.2 – 1930s Woman in Santa Fe, NM
- 2014.1 – 1940s Hand-colored Beauty